Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The 2006 Haiku Issue!

Well, its finally coming out the 2006 Haiku issue of the Anchorage Press and its got "Your Square Life" written all over it, with fifteen illustrations in addition to the cover. All the work just about killed me, I was doing about three illustrations a day when my wife was out out town in addition to another huge project I'm working on, but its done now and I'm actually kind of proud of it, especially the cover.

The cover was originally going to be penguins and a flying polar bear (from the polar bear lovin' catagory), but it was pointed out that polar bears and penguins don't mix, so puffins were the next best choice and it added a little color.


Best Haiku about Legalizing Pot

Best Haiku about Wasilla
Best Haiku about Susan Butcher

Best Haiku about Polar Bear lovin'

Best Haiku about the Pipeline Shutdown

Best Haiku about the PFD

Best Haiku about "It's not you, It's me."

Best Haiku about Frank Murkowski

Best Haiku about the last Fur Rondy

Best Haiku about the Corrupt Bastards Club

Best Haiku about Anchorage Gangs (one of my favorites)
Best Haiku about Stupid Tourist QuestionsBest Haiku about Alaska Crime


Best Haiku about Alaska Women

No comments:

Post a Comment