The Graphic Novel: Telling Stories with Pictures
- Instructor: Lee Post
- Class: 1 week, 8 hours
- Dates: Mar 7, 8, 9, and 10
- Day/Time: Mon – Thurs, 1-3 p.m.
- Location: 645 W. 3rd Ave, Anchorage
- $119 members Register and pay now!
A class in graphic storytelling, with a focus on using the language of comics to tell a basic story in successively longer graphic styles. Beginning with the basic theories behind graphic storytelling, students will draw a one panel New Yorker style gag strip, followed by communicating an idea using a three-panel structure that includes pacing, setting and adding speech. The third session covers the classic 9-panel grid as students explore page layout, mood and flow over an entire page. In the final session, students will explore a freestyle page layout that balances creativity with readability.
- $129 non-members Register and pay now!
- Age level: 15+
- Experience level: Beginning