The MTS gallery is hosting a show Pop! in April recreating all of the majesty and wonder of your youth. Skateboards, posters, records, comics and mix-tapes! It will all be there. This is your opportunity to create (or recreate) everything that was and is awesome! I\'m co-curating the show at the MTS gallery with Carolynn Kinneen and Clark Yerrington. We\'re looking for artist\'s proposals for the show by March 1st. The great thing is that we will be looking for a huge variety of work, as noted below, so the sky\'s the limit. What are we looking for? Anything really.
For example: A imaginary punk flyer from 1982. That gate fold prog-rock album with the sweet dragon and narwhal you had a dream about once. A better version of that Kiss poster you stared at as a kid. The cover for that mix-tape you meant to make in college with the collage cover and all the songs that started with the letter \"Q\".
The call for artists is below and you can submit proposals for more than one category. Please forward this along if you know of anyone who would be interested. The submissions are not limited to just Alaskan Artists. Feel free me to contact me or Carolyn with any questions.
*****Call for Artists*****
Pop! Art exhibit at MTS Gallery Anchorage, AK
Inspired by the pop art movement & everything that mattered from your teenage years – whenever they took, place. Use whatever medium you desire that fits the format & theme.
Formats we are accepting:
- Snowboard deck (no longer than 160 cm long, 257mm wide)
- Skateboard deck (no larger than 8.25 width x 31.25 long)
- Cassette Mixed Tape (w/liner notes) (average cassette tape)
- Album cover 12.5 inches x 12.5 inches
- Zine or comic book cover (11x17 sheet back & front, with half-inch side borders and one-inch borders top/bottom)
- Posters (no larger than 24x36)
- Concert Flyer (need 30 black & white Xerox copies) no larger than 8.5 x 11
Deadline for email proposal: March 1st
We will reply to all submissions by March 9th
Finished Artwork needs to be completed & turned in by April 11th
Email submission proposal or jpg of prior work or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org